Accountant/Analyst (Maternity Cover)
Today Thompson is one of Northern Ireland’s most successful and fastest growing businesses employing over 1000 staff. The current industrial footprint covers 20,000 m2 across four sites located in the Portadown and Banbridge areas and includes full design, engineering, manufacturing and R&D capabilities.
Thompson Aero Seating is recognised for cutting edge design, engineering and manufacturing of premium class for flatbed airline seating. Our bespoke solutions maximize passenger’s personal space and, through intelligent design, optimise every inch of the cabin.
Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will provide support to the delivery of month-end reporting timetable including preparation of draft monthly management accounts and supporting reconciliations. Working within the finance department to drive continuous improvement and to support business growth.
- Support delivery of month-end reporting timetable including preparation of draft monthly management accounts and supporting reconciliations.
- Provide information to commercial teams to enable accurate product sales pricing.
- Preparation of information & analysis for regular reporting packs & presentations.
- Working with the CFO and finance team to drive continuous improvement and to support business growth.
- Supporting the budgeting and forecasting cycles in the business with high-quality financial information.
- Performing internal audits, making recommendations for process improvements, and strengthening of internal controls across the organisation.
- Liaising with auditors to support annual statutory accounts process.
- Preparation of other ad hoc reports & analysis for business leaders as necessary.
- Support of other finance processes as required.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities; you will be expected to perform varying tasks as required by your line manager & the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Experience of financial analysis and costing.
- Previous experience preparing management accounting packs.
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Excel
- Strong technical accounting ability.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- Good communication skills – in person and in writing.
- Experienced using PowerPoint
- Experience of ERP/MRP systems
- Well organised and able to self-motivate.
How to apply:
- Please submit your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday 2nd May 2019
Thompson Aero Seating is an equal opportunity employerDownload the Application Form Fair Employment Monitoring Questionaire