Applications Systems Engineer
Reporting to the Engineering Systems Manager, the Applications Engineer will be responsible for identifying gaps in user knowledge and developing a range of documentation to facilitate the whole company’s need to maximise the effectiveness of the systems.
The Applications Engineer will be responsible for 2nd & 3rd line application support for TAS Business systems. The Applications Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of current systems and continuously increasing efficiency of these systems to support the rapidly growing business. These responsibilities will cover a range of software, predominately Catia 3DExperience , 123 MRP, Q-Pulse and TAS developed toolsets.
These responsibilities include:
- Fault finding and resolution
- Identify and implement performance improvements within the systems
- Process development and deployment to utilize the capabilities of the software
- Create, develop and maintain end-user documentation providing process, methodology and training to facilitate consistency, improvements and standard practices
- Actively work to reduce support calls through root cause analysis
- Assist with testing of system upgrades, enhancement deployment, implementation and development
- Best Practices / Company standard control
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, you will be expected to perform varying tasks as required by your line manager & the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- A minimum of three years’ experience supporting either a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Software or an Enterprise Resource Platform ERP or an equivalent working environment
- Third Level certification or Degree in Engineering, IT or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Excellent investigative and problem-solving skills
- Good oral communication skills and confidence in dealing with a wide range of people, including end users, contractors and management.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines, while adhering to strict regulatory guidance.
- Experienced using Catia 3DExperience.
- 123 MRP Knowledge.
- Q-Pulse Knowledge.
- Expected to consistently keep abreast of new developments, which would impact on areas of responsibility.
How to apply:
- Please submit your application via the link provided:
- Wednesday 19th June 2019
Thompson Aero Seating is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time