Reporting to Supply Chain Manager, position will be based on Portadown sites.
• Expedite purchase recommendations from the company MRP process ensuring all customer demands are satisfied on a daily basis
• Involvement in price negotiations and cost reduction initiatives with the supply chain will be a key part of the individual’s responsibilities
• The person will be required to help develop and implement, through supply contracts, optimal supply chain solutions in line with the company’s defined strategies and goals
• To liaise closely with the Quality Department to ensure supplier rejections are promptly dealt with.
• Ensuring all purchasing procedures are adhered to
• Ensuring that all changes to purchasing information / data have been authorised and entered into the system of control
• Effective proactive liaison with other departments as necessary to forecast, plan to meet, and to supply demand to relevant quality
• Maintaining Weekly Key performance indicators
• Administration and reporting as necessary
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, you will be expected to perform varying tasks as required by your line manager & the overall business objectives of the organisation.
• A self – starter with strong communication skills and a diplomatic working style.
• 3 years’ experience of buying in an engineering or aerospace based company would be an advantage
• General commercial awareness and understanding of costs within a business
• Working knowledge of MRP11 is an advantage
• CIPS qualifications would be an advantage
• Computer literacy is essential as is an excellent understanding of MS Word and Excel.
• Willing to work overtime as necessary by needs of production
How to Apply:
• Please submit your CV via the link http://smrtr.io/37Gg8
• 20th May 2019
Thompson Aero Seating is an equal opportunity employerFair Employment Monitoring Questionaire