Thompson Aero Seating is currently recruiting a CNC Machinist to join the manufacturing team in their Goban Street Site, Portadown, reporting to the Value Stream Manager.
The CNC Machinist will be responsible for the setting up, running and maintaining a number of CNC Machines ranging from 3axis to 5axis machining centers. They will be responsible for maintaining high quality and safety standards, data recording and maintaining equipment and machinery. CNC Operators are highly skilled professionals, able to work with great concentration and precision. A keen eye for detail and great mechanical aptitude are also essential.
- To operate a number of CNC Machines that include DMG Mori and Matchmaker
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
- Understand specifications of the task at hand using engineering drawings.
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Maintaining high level of timekeeping is of essence
- Comply with site safety procedures and requirements
- Liaise with Machine Shop Supervisor to ensure high standards of work and on time delivery
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities; you will be expected to perform varying tasks as required by your line manager & the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Proven experience as CNC operator/machinist
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
- Ability to read and interpret engineering documents and drawings
- Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
- Good communication abilities
These positions will be continental shift pattern
How to apply & Closing date:
Please submit your completed application form to email@example.com
The closing date is Tuesday 30th April 2019
Thompson Aero Seating is an equal opportunity employerDownload the Application Form Fair Employment Monitoring Questionaire