Graduate Manufacturing Engineer
Today Thompson is one of Northern Ireland’s most successful and fastest growing businesses employing over 1000 staff. The current industrial footprint covers 20,000 m2 across four sites located in the Portadown and Banbridge areas and includes full design, engineering, manufacturing and R&D capabilities.
Thompson Aero Seating is recognised for cutting edge design, engineering and manufacturing of premium class for flatbed airline seating. Our bespoke solutions maximize passenger’s personal space and, through intelligent design, optimise every inch of the cabin.
Working within multi-disciplined Engineering teams to deliver design solutions for new concepts & customisation of existing products for our customers across the globe, ensuring delivery to cost, time, quality & adherence to strict aerospace regulations.
• Responsible for the engineering MBOM matches the work order.
• Responsible for the investigation of Engineering Queries from production. Taking that information and carrying out the relevant change to the Drawing/BOM.
• Responsible for reviewing / approving efficient drawing issue / drawing changes.
• Communicate and support drawing issues / changes with production.
• Maintain and develop the build process documentation / instructions used in all areas of production.
• Through liaison with production personnel, review, control and implement effective and efficient improvements to engineering specifications, fixtures / tooling, build operations.
• Provide support to quality assurance / control activities with reference to supplier, customer and internal quality / engineering issues. Liaison and review with suppliers to resolve engineering queries and manufacturing. Responsible for hands on analysis, problem solving and development of all production processes, methods and engineering specifications.
• Development of the cellular manufacturing / flow line / single piece flow principles through each of the product / supply areas, including balancing, simplification, tooling, fixtures, and configuration / ergonomics of workstations.
• Provide mechanical and electrical fault finding / problem solving support direct to production cells, maintaining fault diagnostics database.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, you will be expected to perform varying tasks as required by your line manager & the overall business objectives of the organisation.
• Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Design Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Strong IT skills, particularly computer-aided design
• A high level of technical and scientific knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to practical problems;
• Good oral communication skills and confidence in dealing with a wide range of people, including clients, contractors, designers, directors and production operatives.
• Precise and concise written communication skills
• Creative ability
• The ability to work under pressure
• Organisational skills, such as time and resource planning
• 2+ years’ experience within a Manufacturing or Engineering discipline
• Experience using Catia V5/V6
How to apply:
• Please submit your CV via the link http://smrtr.io/37G73
• 20th May 2019
Thompson Aero Seating is an equal opportunity employerFair Employment Monitoring Questionaire