Graduate Software Developer
Thompson Aero Seating are looking for a Graduate Software Developer to join an already busy IT team, which supports and guarantees robust and compliant IT Systems at all times.
Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these layers of our applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. This role will expose you to the full SDLC and so we need someone who is comfortable working directly with stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders to elicit and document software requirements.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Design, coding and debugging of applications.
- Defining and documenting operating procedures.
- Supporting the general delivery process on projects, helping clients with on-site support activities.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, you will be expected to perform varying tasks as required by your line manager & the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- A bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 1 years relevant and practical IT experience, as well as a passion for software.
- Exposure to software development and/or database systems development
- Knowledge of IT systems and software development in general
- Good general IT application skills and high standard of numeracy and literacy
- Professional attitude
- Keen to learn full life-cycle software development methodologies and techniques
- 2+ years’ experience as a Software Developer
- Basic knowledge of the tools and languages used to write code.
- Have attention to detail.
- Logical thinker
- Good problem solver
- Methodical, careful and conscientious
- Good understanding of full software development lifecycle
- Pride in the provision of effective software solutions
- A self-starter who likes both working in a small team comfortable working under their own initiative.
What we offer you:
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive starting salary and an array of additional benefits, which includes ongoing training, support for professional development, and the opportunity to progress
This is an opportunity for an aspiring Graduate Developer to join an expanding and vibrant team, to start a career with a rapidly growing company.
How to Apply:
- Please submit application forms to email@example.com
- Wednesday 19th June 2019
Thompson Aero Seating is an equal opportunity employer.Download the Application Form Fair Employment Monitoring Questionaire