Today Thompson is one of Northern Ireland’s most successful and fastest growing businesses employing over 1000 staff. The current industrial footprint covers 20,000 m2 across four sites located in the Portadown and Banbridge areas and includes full design, engineering, manufacturing and R&D capabilities.
Thompson Aero Seating is recognised for cutting edge design, engineering and manufacturing of premium class for flatbed airline seating. Our bespoke solutions maximize passenger’s personal space and, through intelligent design, optimise every inch of the cabin.
Reporting to the Senior Planner, based in one of the Portadown Sites. The Production Planner will have overall responsibility for adherence & on-time delivery to the production schedule. The Production Planner will provide key support to the Senior Planner & Value Stream manager within a cross-functional team.
- Planning Ownership of a Value Stream and control of its key planning inputs to the Master Production Schedule.
- Liasison with other internal Value Streams to ensure coordinated planning.
- Creation of short-term cell-level delivery plans between value streams.
- Daily monitoring and reporting (PKI’s) on Value Stream schedule adherence.
- Track & Report progress to MPS.
- Drive adherence to ‘On-time start & finish’ Dates.
- Identify key issues preventing adherence to plan the work with production controllers to mitigate impact.
- Escalate issues that require higher level involvement to Senior Planner.
- Work to align SOP & KPI’s across the planning department.
- Provide Senior Planner with inputs for daily control board meeting.
- Maintain key parameters within MRP
- Coordinate across functions & departments to achieve adherence to plan.
- Administration and reporting as required.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, you will be expected to perform varying tasks as required by your line manager & the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- A self-starter with strong communication skills and a diplomatic working style.
- Experience in a highly-regulated Engineering/Manufacturing or similar environment.
- Proven understanding of planning principles.
- Computer literacy is essential especially an excellent understanding MS Office Suite.
- Willing to work hours necessary to ensure production goals are achieved.
- Demonstrated ability to manage mulitiple activities and projects.
- Understanding of planning principles
- Good numeracy skills
- Degree or 3rd Level qualification in a relevant discipline
- Proven working knowledge of planning systems including MRP/ERP
- 2+ years working in an engineering/manufacturing environment
How to apply:
- Please submit your application form via the link provided:
- Wednesday 19th June 2019
Thompson Aero Seating is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time