Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Inspector will be responsible for inspection and conformance to design of production and maintenance activities.
• Inspects parts, assemblies and finished products to drawings and specifications.
• Follows general inspection guidelines to conduct critical non-routine visual, dimensional, mechanical and functional inspections on a wide variety of components, assemblies, equipment, systems, supplies and materials.
• Inspect and check aircraft components for airworthiness and correct manufacture
• Inspect purchased parts and materials for conformity to standards, specifications, and processing requirements.
• Conduct first article inspection of parts, assemblies, equipment and tooling.
• Maintain necessary inspection logs and write inspection reports.
• Submit recommendations to resolve recurring deficiencies found during inspections.
• Interpret inspection findings and determine adequacy of corrective actions.
• Provide training as required to address deficiencies identified during audits/inspections.
• Identify Continuous improvement opportunities and progress related actions
NOTE: – Though most of your work will be done at Thompson Aero Seating Factories within the Portadown area, there may be occasions where travel is required to temporary field locations with a possible amount of Travel Required worldwide for Position being 0%-25%
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, you will be expected to perform varying tasks as required by your line manager & the overall business objectives of the organisation.
• The applicant must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Possess strong computer skills to include developing documents in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Have experience using calibrated inspection measurement tools such as micrometers, calipers, etc.
• Must be proficient in the understanding of machining, CNC and CMM methods/processes.
• Must be capable of communicating quality and engineering criteria/issues to all levels of factory employees.
• Must be able to read and perform inspections using the assembly instructions and engineering drawings. This will require a basic understanding of reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
• Have awareness of how to conduct First Article Inspections.
• Able to read and interpret drawings, and service bulletins.
• Ability to set work independently, or as part of a team, with minimum of supervision.
• Willing to work additional hours as necessary, while adhering to strict regulatory specifications and guidance
• Possible two-shift pattern – early and late
How to apply:
• Please submit your CV form via the link http://smrtr.io/37FWc
• 20th May 2019
Thompson Aero Seating is an equal opportunity employer
Fair Employment Monitoring Questionaire